- More Pizza Recipes
- Breakfast Berries Pizza
- Chicago-Style Deep Dish
- Grill (Sausage & Mozzarella)
- Grilled California Pizza
- Fresh Tomatoes & Basil Pizza
- Low Carb Pizza
- Mexican Deep-Dish Pan Pizza
- Mini Pizzas
- Pizza Pizzas
- Pizza Rustica
- Stuffed French Bread Rustica
- U-D Sausage & Mushroom
Basic Pizza Sauce 1
Empty the contents of the tomato can in a mixing bowl and coarsely crush the tomatoes with a fork or your hands, leaving them just a little chunky.
In a heavy bottom 2-quart saucepot, add the olive oil, over a medium high flame and heat a little.
Add the onions and saute until slightly translucent.
Add the garlic and saute about a minute until golden.
Quickly add the crushed tomatoes to the mix (stir well and bring to a simmer).
Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and add the fresh basil and oregano.
You can add a touch of sugar if desired or if tomatoes are tart.
- [3 to 4] fresh basil leaves
-  teaspoon dried oregano
-  tablespoons olive oil, to saute
-  clove garlic, peeled and minced
-  can (28-ounces) whole peeled tomatoes, in juice
-  small white or sweet onion, finely diced and minced
- [-] pinch salt
- [-] pinch sugar, optional
- [-] pinch fresh ground black pepper
Simmer on a low flame, stirring often for at least 15 minutes.
If not using right away, cool down and store in airtight container in the refrigerator, up to 1 week.
( Sara Moulton )