- More Pizza Recipes
- Breakfast Berries Pizza
- Chicago-Style Deep Dish
- Grill (Sausage & Mozzarella)
- Grilled California Pizza
- Fresh Tomatoes & Basil Pizza
- Low Carb Pizza
- Mexican Deep-Dish Pan Pizza
- Mini Pizzas
- Pizza Pizzas
- Pizza Rustica
- Stuffed French Bread Rustica
- U-D Sausage & Mushroom
Perfect Pizza Dough
1. Place 1/4 cup of the warm water in a small bowl.
2. Stir in the sugar until dissolved, then sprinkle the yeast onto the surface of the water.
3. Let the yeast float there for 1 minute, then stir it into the water.
4. Let the yeast "proof" for 10 minutes.
5. It should bubble a bit; if it doesn't, the yeast is outdated and inactive.
-  cup water
-  teaspoon salt
-  teaspoon sugar
-  (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- [1 1/2] cups flour (plus extra for dusting)
-  tablespoons olive oil (plus extra for coating)
6. Pour the yeast mixture into a large bowl, then stir in the remaining water and the olive oil, flour, and salt.
7. With a wooden spoon, mix the dough until it forms a ball.
8. On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough for 10 minutes or until it is smooth and elastic.
9. Coat the inside of a large glass or ceramic bowl with olive oil.
10. Press the ball of dough into the bottom of the bowl, then flip it over so the oiled side is on top.
11. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, then let the dough rise in a warm place until it has doubled in bulk, about 1 1/2 hours.
12. Makes 1 1/2 pounds of dough.