- More Pizza Recipes
- Breakfast Berries Pizza
- Chicago-Style Deep Dish
- Grill (Sausage & Mozzarella)
- Grilled California Pizza
- Fresh Tomatoes & Basil Pizza
- Low Carb Pizza
- Mexican Deep-Dish Pan Pizza
- Mini Pizzas
- Pizza Pizzas
- Pizza Rustica
- Stuffed French Bread Rustica
- U-D Sausage & Mushroom
Basic Pizza Dough 1
1. Combine sugar, water and yeast in a measuring cup or small bowl.
2. Combine flour and salt in a large bowl and make a well in the center.
3. Pour yeast mixture and oil in well and stir into dry ingredients until you have a soft dough.
4. If dough is too sticky, add a bit more flour.
5. Knead until smooth on a lightly floured surface.
-  teaspoon salt
-  cup warm water
-  tablespoons sugar
-  tablespoons olive oil
-  cups all-purpose flour
-  (1/4 ounce) package yeast
6. Place in an oiled bowl, cover with a towel and let rise until doubled.
IF YOU HAVE A BREAD MACHINE skip the above steps and just put the ingredients in according to the machine's instructions and use the "dough" setting.
7. Punch down and let rest for 10 minutes.
8. Makes 1- deep dish or 2- 12-inch pizza crusts.
9. To bake, top with your favorite sauce, cheese, etc., and bake at 450°F for about 15 minutes or until crispy and cheese is bubbling.